A Gift: My Bedroom

welcome


Patchouli incense. Pink salt lamps. Polaroids. PEACE.

My room is my happy place... as it should be. I live a busy life between four classes, ESPN shifts, WUFT newsroom shifts, Gator Softball reporting, Sports in 60 and photographing for the University of Florida Athletic Association. But coming home and getting zen helps bring me to my center and calms me down.

I think it is very important to have a safe space to reflect, read and relax.

Everything in my room fits my personality perfectly. This room is mine and it should reflect that. I love the polaroids that hang on my bedroom wall, full of memories in different countries or just at home. I love the color green, and painted my dad's old dresser bright green after he passed away. I believe in happiness and connecting with a higher power.

I do everything in my room. I love to sip on green tea as I read "Only Love Today," a guide to living in the moment and embracing love. I love to do yoga on my pink mat on my carpet floor- as candles burn and music plays. I love to have the lights dim and my room as dark as possible. I think I am moon child. I love the nighttime. I am obsessed with the moon, the stars and anything related to zodiac signs and energy.

I love the world outside, but this place is one of my favorites in Gainesville. And that's not a bad thing. At all.


Comments

Popular Posts